Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Year's Resolution - Better Blogger!

Happy New Year! As we begin the new year I decided to give up on setting resolutions, cuz if you break that down it becomes, re-solution and that implies needing a redo of solutions to what else but problems and I would like to believe I am not problematic so instead I am setting GOALS, things I want to GO After Longingly! One of those goals is to be a better blogger... and as this is my first post for 08, looks like I'm more problematic than I thought!

The holidays were full of fun, family, friends and fantastic blessing! Having all of my children within a few miles and especially within a few feet for large amounts of time was beyond wonderful! It's the greatest gift I could have received! We all shared many laughs, thoughts and even some tears (especially when they had to go!) My oldest daughter Kristen, was able to stay a few days longer than had been expected and she said she'd do so only if I promised not to cry when she left.. right! So I made that hollow promise, please forgive me Heavenly Father, and I know that she knew in her heart it was one impossible for me to keep. When she headed out after those two extra special added days, there were tears in my eyes and a swelling in my heart... tears that flowed harder and a swelling that grew painful shortly as she drove out of sight.... boy goodbyes are hard!

One of my younger sisters has had that "goodbye" feeling as she has watched her daughter head off to her first year of college. I remember those days and somehow now I wish that was all I was doing was saying goodbye as they headed back after a break from college. But not so, these goodbyes are my life, I have come to the realization that my daughters will probably not make their homes near me, they will have their careers, their families and their lives away from me, not just away in another home, but away in another location. They are not off only to finish a semester or to get a degree, they are off to make their life!

It's a hard thing to swallow and as I think of it each time, that swell in my heart is beyond explanation ...

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh Karen,

You are such a GREAT writer. You made me so sad to read this. I wish you and my mom were friends. I think you would have so much to talk about over a cup of coffee...

I love you and hope you are doing well!! write more!